70/30 Campaign Volunteer
Supported by: Campaigns Officer
Location: WAVE Trust Head Office, Croydon
Main purpose: An office-based role providing support to our 70/30 campaigns team.
Overview of role: We are looking for a personable and outgoing volunteer to support our small campaigns team. If you have an interest in child abuse prevention and/or non-profit campaigning, this role will provide the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and experience in these areas.
Responsibilities: To help build our 70/30 campaign by assisting the campaigns team with stewardship of our national network of 70/30 Ambassadors, as well as with general office duties, such as data input and basic research work.
Skills and qualities:
· An ability to easily build rapport with a wide range of people, both in person and over the phone
· A clear and confident telephone manner
· Good basic computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· A good standard of oral and written English
· Good attention to detail in filing and inputting data
· An ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced work environment
· An open minded approach to others, avoiding judgement and stereotyping
· An ability to demonstrate patience, sensitivity and reliability
· Interest in UK politics and Parliament desirable
Times and commitment: This role is based in our Head Office in Croydon, but can be flexible to suit your availability. Ideally we would require a minimum commitment of one day a week for at least three months.
This is a voluntary role. Lunch and travel expenses will be covered.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role, how you meet the criteria, and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.