Skip to main content
You are here
- Our top recommended programme Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) benefits over 25,000 vulnerable young, first-time parents and their infants in England
- FNP is being provided by nine Scottish health board areas and is also being run in Northern Ireland
- Our report, Conception to Age 2 – The Age of Opportunity is being used by Unicef in central and eastern Europe, Russia and central Asia.
- The recommendations from our report Conception to Age 2 – The Age of Opportunity are being implemented extensively in local authorities across England
- We coordinated the remarkably broad and powerful coalition that influenced the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014. Through this legislation and the subsequent statutory guidance, the WAVE-coordinated coalition is establishing a firm legal foundation for prevention within children’s services and more robust governmental support for the first 1,001 days of life. Read our documents about Putting the Baby IN the Bath Water
- We inspired and now serve as the secretariat for the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Conception to Age 2 – The First 1001 Days. This group creates and sustains the focus of cross-party support on the early years and advances new research and policy
- We were instrumental in introducing the Roots of Empathy programme to the UK, which is now delivered in every council area in Scotland
- We have worked closely with Health and Social Care Trusts to promote infant mental health provision, spread Family Nurse Partnership and introduce Roots of Empathy.
- We've guided the development of integrated pathways in partnership with local authorities to improve provision systematically orientated towards prevention
- We helped develop the Big Lottery Fund’s £165 million A Better Start project and are on the steering group. Watch our CEO talking about this project